[Insight-developers] Dashboard Cleanup: RogueResearch6 : itkStatisticsAlgorithmTest : LLVM compiler

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jan 19 20:16:51 EST 2010

Hi Sean,

More information on this topic:

A) Running Valgrind on the standard gcc build (not the llvm)
     did not reported any problems.

B) When building the REVIEW_STATISTICS with llvm,
     the test itkStatisticsAlgorithmTest passes fine (0.3 seconds),
     but the itkStatisticsAlgorithmTest2 gets trapped in an infinite loop.

C) Running (B) in gdb uses a single core (out of the two that are
     available), gets in the infinite loop, and ... when interrumpting it,
     we land as well in the InsertSort() method.

To summarize:

The problem is still there in the REVIEW_STATISTICS code.

(and "may" be something different from uninitialized variables,
or out-of-bounds access...         not 100% sure on this though...).

It looks like we will have to just walk through the steps of the
InsertSort() algorithm....