[Insight-developers] ITK Dashboard Cleanup: riemann.sumost.ca : itkLargeImageWriteReadTest2

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Sat Jan 16 19:22:42 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 02:10:00PM -0500, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> The test:
>
>          itkLargeImageWriteReadTest2
>
> Is failing due to a TIMEOUT in the machine
>
>                    riemann.sumost.ca
>
> We are wondering if a limited amount of RAM
> in this machine may be forcing this tests to
> swap memory to disk.
>
> If you have a chance,
> could you please check if the machine is swapping
> when running this tests ?

OK, I did a "make experimental" this afternoon and it
worked fine [1].

The machine in question has 8GB, which ought to be plenty.  The
nightly builds are competing with backup, which will slow down disk
access.  There is also currently a VirtualBox process using nearly 4GB
which is likely causing the swapping.  I'll shut down VirtualBox
before tonight's run to see if that cures the swapping.

Regards,
-Steve

[1] http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewSite.php?siteid=874&project=2&currenttime=1263607200