[Insight-developers] [master] Change Ica45be1d: (ITK) ENH: added an API for setting/getting the mask

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 27 13:05:34 EDT 2010

On 08/27/2010 12:02 PM, Jim Miller wrote:
> 1. Did I need to fetch the patch from gerrit? Since I submitted the
> patch originally, it would seem as though I would already have the branch.

Yes.  Gerrit added the Change-Id line to the commit message.  It is
a new commit object that you didn't have before.  Fetching it first
retrieved Gerrit's version of the commit.  See answer to #3 for why
having the Change-Id linen in the message is important.

> 2. What is the ssh line doing? Why didn't I push directly to main
> repository at itk.org <http://itk.org>?

It's asking the "topic stage" to construct a true *merge* commit for
you.  If you want to push directly to master at itk.org then you
would first need to *rebase* your commit on master.  This is not a
Git limitation but something we've set up to manage our workflow
cleanly.

> 3. How did I get this email about the merge? Was the patch I submitted
> annotated with information that gerrit recognized and it triggered the
> email?

The version that was merged had a Change-Id corresponding to the
Gerrit review entry.  Once our robot pushed the merged work to
Gerrit then it recognized that the change had been merged.

> 4. Looking at gerrit, my patch has been closed.  How did that happen?

Same as #3.

-Brad