[Insight-developers] [master] Change Ica45be1d: (ITK) ENH: added an API for setting/getting the mask

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 27 11:00:45 EDT 2010

On 08/27/2010 10:48 AM, Daniel Blezek wrote:
>   Brad L’s patches were a mistake.  Gerrit only allows review of a
> single commit.  What Brad needed to do was “squash” the commits into
> one, using rebase, or cherry-pick.  Then he should have submitted that
> single commit to Gerrit.  Brad King and Marcus Hanwell are looking into
> adding a branch-level review to Gerrit with the developers.

Meanwhile I do not think it hurts to push multi-commit topics for review.
Gerrit does track that one depends on others and/or is needed by others.
Once all the patches in the series have been approved then the whole
topic can be merged.

>   So I reviewed your change (recognizing it was exploratory), and marked
> it as verified.  I have no idea at all how to push into the main line.

Currently we have not configured Gerrit to merge or push to the main
repository.  It still needs to be done with a manual step.  Jim can
use the topic stage for this:

  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git#Topic_Stage

Assuming you've added the 'gerrit' and 'stage' remotes to your local
repository, run these commands:

 $ git fetch gerrit refs/changes/08/8/1:MaskImageFilterAPI
 $ git push stage MaskImageFilterAPI
 $ ssh git at itk.org stage ITK merge MaskImageFilterAPI

Marcus and I will look into whether we can get Gerrit to do this step.
If we set it up correctly we should be able to make a "Submit" button
appear for you (Jim) after the patch is reviewed and approved.  We
need to check on how this works with an upstream repository though.

>  We are doing the same in SimpleITK, but are stuck on how Gerrit will
> publish the change.  The plumbing has been put in place by Marcus, so
> Gerrit has write access to the SimpleITK github repo, but I don’t know
> where the “Push this to GitHub” button is...

Marcus will have to answer that one.

-Brad