[Insight-developers] Gerrit review of Change Number 24

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Aug 26 11:51:15 EDT 2010

On 08/26/2010 11:22 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hum... I must have done something wrong.
>
> $ git add CMake/ExportConfiguration/CMakeLists.txt CMakeLists.txt
> $ git commit

This should be

$ git add CMake/ExportConfiguration/CMakeLists.txt CMakeLists.txt
$ git commit --amend
             ^^^^^^^

to replace the existing commit with a fixed one.

> $ git push gerrit d2ee19d:refs/changes/24

This looks correct.

> To malaterre at review.source.kitware.com:ITK
>  ! [remote rejected] d2ee19d -> refs/changes/24 (squash commits first)

This is telling you that instead of replacing the existing commit
you added a new one.  You need to "squash commits first" like it
says.  Use interactive rebase (git rebase -i HEAD~2) to do this.

-Brad