[Insight-developers] JPEG2000ImageIO - Testing Data - MIDAS

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Aug 22 22:26:27 EDT 2010

We seem to have found a solution for dealing with
the large images that are required for testing the
new JPEG2000 classes.

An implementation of such solution is available at

  http://github.com/luisibanez/ITK/tree/midasapp

As described in
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Testing_Data

The process involves:

1) Storing ITK Test Data in MIDAS
    (already done) at:

    http://midas.kitware.com/community/view/5

2)  Maintainers of Dashboard machines
     building locally the MIDASapp client
     command line application:

     http://www.kitware.com/midaswiki/index.php/MIDAScpp

     Whose source code can be downloaded with

     svn co https://www.kitware.com/svn/KWPublic/trunk/MIDAS/MIDAScpp

     (Please build it with just the default CMake settings...)

3)  When configuring ITK, set the CMake variable

                 MIDAScli_EXECUTABLE

      to the full path of the "MIDAScli" executable file,
      built in (2).

Once this is done,

at the moment of running the testing, CTest will
call MIDAScli to connect to the MIDAS server
and download the full Test data collection into
the binary directory of your build, under:

             Testing/Temporary/Data

This seems to be a convenient solution for dealing
with a large number of images, some of them
stored in large files, without the difficulties of
of data management.

This has been added as a discussion topic for
Tuesday's tcon:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Agenda%26Status_082410#Testing_Data_in_MIDAS

It will be great is you have a chance
to give it a try by then.