[Insight-developers] ICE on vs6.0

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Apr 1 13:32:18 EDT 2010

Bill,

The future means before the 3.18 release. I believe it would be a mistake to release this methods in it's current implementation, as it is just a skeleton.

The primary goal of this method was to aid in the support for 64-bit windows. With the numerous types used with IO, and the sizes of images, this function is needed to detect overflow errors to prevent crashes. Support for "long long" was also added to  the numeric traits, so that we'd have numeric traits for the Image::SizeType and size_t on windows 64.

It is my understanding that Luis believes adding support for win64 is a high priority. As such I interpret that to mean that the 3.19 development effort will have some focus on making this possible. This methods is a useful tool for that work.

I assume that is just the result of some bug is VS6. Could be as simple to fix as just changing the order of the header files in Math.h? Other files seem to include itkConceptChecking with out issues.

Brad

blowekamp at mail.nih.gov