[Insight-developers] redefinition of HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H and HAVE_STDINT_H

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Nov 20 08:01:43 EST 2009

On Nov 20, 2009, at 6:22 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> 2009/11/20 Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr>:
>>
>> Brad,
>>
>> Two of the definitions you have added in
>>
>>  http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/itkConfigure.h.in?root=Insight&view=diff&r1=1.34&r2=1.35
>>
>> , HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H and HAVE_STDINT_H, seems to be already used by python. A
>> lot of warning are produced while building wrapitk because of that:
>>
>>  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=475515
>>
>> Would it be ok for you if I add them an ITK_ prefix?
>
> There had been a discussion whether or not #cmakedefine BLA should produce
>
> #ifndef BLA
> #define BLA
> #endif
>
> Adding blocker around culprit should be easy...
>
> --
> Mathieu

But if  itkConfigure.h is included before phython then it wont work, because phython is not ifndef. I think what may be needed is similar to the following:

#if @HAVE_STDINT_H@
#define ITK_HAVE_STDINT_H
#endif

I'd need to look at what the value of @HAVE_STDINT_H@ would be. By doing this we can use the standard naming inside CMAKE, and convert it to our own in the ITK code.