[Insight-developers] Failing tests from DashFest

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Nov 19 11:43:33 EST 2009

Hello Gaetan,

This looks like this is a bug with the ccache.

It appears that using the SSE2 intrinsics, with optimization and with ccache when certain order of rounding methods occur incorrect results are computed. This may only occur with the tests and not actual ITK code. All appears to work in Debug mode or with the /usr/bin/gcc.

SSE2 can be disabled with the following cmake variable:
 VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2_ROUNDING

Or just don't use ccache.

BTW, I submitting that patch for the fenv issue and that appears to be working now on your Suns.

Brad

On Nov 9, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:

> Le 9 nov. 09 à 15:58, Bradley Lowekamp a écrit :
>
>> Hello Gaetan,
>>

> Hi Brad,
>
>> 	On your system voxel.jouy.inra.fr I see that you pointed out that itkMathRoundTest failed, also vnltest_math failed on several of the rounding related methods. Can you please give us a little more information about this system, compiler, processor etc.
>
> sure
>
> [glehmann at voxel ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep model
> model		: 23
> model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5405  @ 2.00GHz
> model		: 23
> model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5405  @ 2.00GHz
> model		: 23
> model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5405  @ 2.00GHz
> model		: 23
> model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5405  @ 2.00GHz
> [glehmann at voxel ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS release 4.7 (Final)
> Nahant
> [glehmann at voxel ~]$ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-10)
>
>> I would also like to know if you are using the SSE versions of the rounding methods, ie is  VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2_ROUNDING turned on?
>>

> It must be the default - I made this build only for the fest, with a fresh cvs checkout
>
> [glehmann at voxel ~]$ grep VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2_ROUNDING /tmp/itkfest/Insight/build/CMakeCache.txt
> VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2_ROUNDING:BOOL=ON
> //ADVANCED property for variable: VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2_ROUNDING
> VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2_ROUNDING-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1
>
> Gaëtan
>
> --
> Gaëtan Lehmann
> INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
> tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66    fax: 01 34 65 29 09
> http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr  http://www.itk.org
> http://www.mandriva.org  http://www.bepo.fr

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for