[Insight-developers] Windows 64 bits & unsigned long

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Nov 11 12:51:53 EST 2009

On 11/11/09 12:36 PM, Luis Ibanez said:

>It seems to be a good time to resume the effort
>for fixing the use of integers in Windows 64 bits.
>
> *SNIP*
>
>Any suggestions on how to go about it in an efficient way ?

Perhaps during this work, it would be beneficial to enable gcc's -
Wshorten-64-to-32 warning?  Alas, last I checked, the warning exists
only in Apple's fork of gcc.  I imaging Windows compilers have a similar
option.  This warning would warn on the following for example:

unsigned int size = sizeof (foo);

If you're going to change the size/type of many variables, it seems like
the time.

We could provide an experimental nightly with this on.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com