[Insight-developers] Patch for MetaIO bug 9320

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Nov 12 11:22:28 EST 2009

Hello,

I have attached a patch for the following bug ( which is really an OSX bug ) for metaIO:

http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=9320

I added a method M_ReadElementData using it where appropriate, and improved error checking in M_WriteElemenData as well. These two methods now have read/write loops for chucks no bigger then 1GB defined by MaxIOChunk.

I also added a couple comments for existing code that looked like it shouldn't work.

ITK does not use streaming of ASCII or compressed data, so I was unable to test that part. I also don't think all of that code always produces expected results. Are there any existing tests for this code?

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine