[Insight-developers] Not Really Parallel Build

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Nov 11 12:12:21 EST 2009

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting this profiling information.

I'm not sure I'm following the logic, so let me extend your
 table here, and correct me if I'm gathering incorrect data:

computer       build-time        test-time           cmake
 bubbles      -j8     110.5        -j8      33.4          CVS
 kitty            -j16    12.6       none      7.3          2.4
 candy         -j16    12.6       none      7.4          2.4
 bambi         -j16    12.6       none      7.4          2.4

Is this correct ?

before we start speculating
on the possible explanations  :-)

Also, the command that you are using for bubbles in:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=469434

                 "ctest -j8 -D Nightly"

looks fine,
(subject to a CMake Guru review..)