[Insight-developers] Unicode filenames and borland issue

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Tue Nov 10 07:10:05 EST 2009

Hi Bill,

Just realized that the Borland test I used was slightly different,
sorry about that.

I do indeed get the same error. It looks like borland does not
understand notations like
   L"\u03B1.txt"
for wide strings.

Replacing this notation with a more intricate one
  http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Testing/Code/IO/itkUnicodeIOTest.cxx?root=Insight&r1=1.4&r2=1.5
fixes the borland failing test:
  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&date=2009-11-10#Continuous

Now comes my dear friend vs6 :(
  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=468753
Using streams seems difficult with that compiler. Is there a
recommended way for handling this kind of errors?
* use iostreams from kwsys
* try adding some typedefs as in
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkSymmetricSecondRankTensor.h?root=Insight&r1=1.4&r2=1.5
* replace "std::XXstream" with "std::basic_XXstream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >" as proposed in
http://list.sipfoundry.org/archive/resiprocate-devel/msg01085.html
* something else

I could try these approaches but will need to it it blindly as I don't
have access to VS6.

Regards,
Tom