[Insight-developers] open source tool for adjusting mesh objects?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Mar 24 09:59:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Richard Beare <richard.beare at gmail.com>wrote:

> I forgot to add - I'd like to be able to see the 3D image underneath
> the mesh - checking whether blender can do that.

No you cannot do that.

Blender is primarily for mesh manipulation provided as a part of their
Sculpt toolset. Check out "pinch", "pull" operations etc in the following
video.
http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/feature-videos/?video=sculpt_one

There exist VTKPolyData to blender mesh converters and vice versa. The
BigBuckBunny model used in the Activiz user-guide comes from Blender.

--
karthik