[Insight-developers] itk::ImageBase::TransformIndexToPhysicalPoint/TransformPointToContinuousIndex ignores spacing?

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Mar 17 14:33:00 EDT 2009

I was aware of the issue, just never tripped over it before.

I'm just not sure how to deal with it in this case.  It points out a
fundamental problem in what I'm trying to do.  The net effect is this:

Image A has dimensions { n, n, n } and spacing { s, s, s }
Image B has dimensions { n/2, n/2, n/2 } and spacing { s*2, s*2, s*2 }
Assume origin = { 0, 0, 0 } for both, and both are in the same orientation.

Any physical point on an edge farthest from the origin -- e.g. { n-1, y, z
}, { x, n-1, z }, { x, y, n-1 } etc -- is INSIDE image A, but NOT INSIDE
image B.  Even though the two images theoretically have the same volume.

And this is independent of whether the index is center-of-voxel or corner of
voxel, or whether you're a North-going Zax or a South-going Zax.

The mind reels.