[Insight-developers] Failing Test on cygwin

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Mar 11 09:44:10 EDT 2009

I am not sure how valid the output is from the nightly build. But it
will be worth checking what the
"itkImageFileWriterStreamingPastingCompressingTest000.vtk" file
contains. I introduced a buffer overflow error into the test, so this
is why it's failing on some systems and this output may not be valid.

Thanks,
Brad

On Mar 10, 2009, at 9:14 AM, Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] wrote:

> Luis,
>
> I just updated the test. The test should now produce a separate output
> file for each combination it tests. For the VTK file format I also
> added a compare option to test the 000 combination.
>
> Brad
>
> On Mar 9, 2009, at 6:56 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:
>

>> Bill, Brad,
>>

>> Yes,
>> the binary directory in dash14 ends up with a double directory
>>
>>                "/cydrive/c/cygdrive/c"
>>
>> something that took me a while to get...
>>
>> despite that,
>>
>> Even when running the test with a locally copied input file
>> HeadMRVolume.mha and local output foo.vtk, the test reports
>>
>>        NumberOfPixelsWithDifference: 66801
>>
>> Which seems to discard the spaces in the path as the source
>> of the problem.
>>
>> I'll be happy to run it again tomorrow to see what the
>> test changes tell us.
>>

>>    Luis
>>

>> ----------------------
>> Bill Lorensen wrote:
>>> Also, the command that is run:
>>> /cygdrive/c/cygdrive/c/Dashboards/My\
>>> Tests/InsightCygwin/bin/itkIOTests
>>> itkImageFileWriterStreamingPastingCompressingTest1
>>> /cygdrive/c/Dashboards/My\
>>> Tests/Insight/Testing/Data/Input/HeadMRVolume.mhd
>>> /cygdrive/c/cygdrive/c/Dashboards/My\
>>> Tests/InsightCygwin/Testing/Temporary/
>>> itkImageFileWriterStreamingPastingCompressingTest1.vtk