[Insight-developers] MultiScaleHessianBasedMeasureImageFilter in Review...

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Mar 10 10:56:31 EDT 2009

Hello,

	I just committed some changes for bug 8681, which will cause some
undesired behavior for this class, due to underlying bugs in it.

	I am not entirely sure of what the guidelines are for editing things
in the Review directory are. I have looked at this class and there are
some straight forward changes to fix the bug I revealed. But there are
some ways this filter does things that doesn't uses best practices.
Can these be changed?

1) Also this class uses optional outputs. That is there is a boolean
member variable which indicates if the outputs should be allocated and
written. I can't recall seeing this before in a filter. What is weird
about this is that this doesn't make much since with the
NumberOfRequiredOutpus. I don't think that this is well supported in
the pipeline.

2) This filter uses GetLargestPossibleRegion instead of Buffered
region. Interesting things may occur if a streaming request happened.
Probably should just overload EnlargeOutputRequestedRegion to set to
the largest.

3) m_UpdataBuffer seems redundant with the output image.

Just from my quick look.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for