[Insight-developers] libstdc++.so.6 and itk application

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Jan 23 12:33:11 EST 2009

Leila:

It appears that you are building your "DeformableModelGC" application on one
linux machine and trying it out on another linux machine. Is that right ?

For creating portable binaries on linux, (given that libstdc++ differs from
machine to machine) you need to link libstdc++ statically. If you don't do
this, you often get this kind of version mismatch that you describe.

This is the process we follow when we distribute tools out on linux, for
instance Paraview binaries on linux.

What does "ldd DeformableModelGC" tell you ?

HTH
--
karthik

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Leila Baghdadi
<baghdadi at phenogenomics.ca>wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> this is mostly a c++ and c question but I wonder if anyone has seen this
> or managed to fixed this.
>
> I have built an application that uses various itk filters and some std
> containers including vectors.
>
> when I try to run the application
>
> ./DeformableModelGC: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9'
> not found (required by ./DeformableModelGC)
> ./DeformableModelGC: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found
> (required by ./DeformableModelGC)
>
> thanks
>
> Leila

Karthik Krishnan