[Insight-developers] world coordinates and slice images - nifti problem?

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:24:05 EST 2009

Hi,

I'll have to wait until next week to post images (at work).

The situation is this. I have two images, each of which is a time
series with a single physical slice.

I convert load each dicom from the timeseries into a itk::Image<short,
3> and save as a nifti file. So I certainly hoped that this is a 3d
nifti file with one slice. Tools like fslinfo certainly report a z
dimension of 1 and 3 dimensions.

I was certainly aiming to get a 3d image on disk with one slice. I
hope that is what I achieved.

I'm after full 3D information so I can display a collection of slices
like this in their correct relative orientation.

Should this be feasible?