[Insight-developers] world coordinates and slice images - nifti problem?

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 20:03:09 EST 2009

Hi,
I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, and I haven't tracked down the
root of the issue yet, but thought I'd flag it immediately.

This relates to the same data as my past few posts - single slice MR
time series which I'm trying to do preliminary visualization on.

One of my approaches uses the world coordinates as reported by the
TransformIndexToPhysicalPoint method of OrientedImage.

My problem is that even though I declare the image as 3D, it only has
1 slice, and the PhysicalPoints produced by the transformation all
have a z value of 0. If I concatenate two slices together the results
are as I expect. On the surface it looks like it might be a nifti

The differences in image information are (interesting one last):

single slice

  RequestedRegion:
    Dimension: 3
    Index: [0, 0, 0]