[Insight-developers] BayesianClassifierImageFilterTest added

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Feb 20 17:25:23 EST 2009

Hello,

	This is the result of an important change that was made to the
ImageFileWriter. The writer now executes UpdateOutputInformation then
it propagates and generates data. It relies on the fact that output
information is generated in the UpdateOutputInformation method. In
particular this includes the VectorLength in VectorImages. This change
exposed a severe bug in ImageToVectorImage and this class where much
of the MetaData was set at the wrong time! There were the only two
classes in ITK which I found that operate on VectorImage. I have
concern that these may have been used as examples which other followed
(are there more VectorImageFilters in NAMIC?).

The bug that needs to be resolved in this class is moving code in
AllocateOutputs which sets meta data to a GenerateOutputInformation
and then determines the correct propagation of the regions with
multiple input/output.

This is the bug I reported:

http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=8369

I have been thinking about using this class on some large data set
microscopy/VHP. At which point I may invest the time in streaming/
multithreading of it. But I am not sure when I'll get to that.

On Feb 20, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> As we discuss during the Tcon,
> a tests was added for the BayesianClassifierImageFilter
> based on the Example in Insight/Example/Statistics.
>
> Looking at the code coverage, it turns out that this
> filter doesn't seem to have implemented the option for
> setting Prior image, although the code for using them
> is already inside. (... I may be missing something here).
>
> Is that the functionality that you wanted to add in
> this filter ?
>

>   Thanks
>

>      Luis

Bradley Lowekamp