[Insight-developers] 2D -> area, ND-> ???

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Feb 18 10:17:45 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm working on Richard's contribution http://hdl.handle.net/
1926/1316 , and I have a naming problem: the transform described here
is often called “area opening” in 2D.
But “area” is the right term only in the 2D case. What would be the
right term to use for the ND case used in ITK?
I personally use “size”, but don't like it much because itk::Size
refers to a N-dimensional size in ITK.
Volume seems a bit too 3D connoted, and is also used for the 2D case +
grayscale values in many places.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Gaëtan