[Insight-developers] Proposal: Adding ImageCheck class to Insight/Testing/Code/Common

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Feb 12 13:25:53 EST 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:

> It verifies that the class has progress if I recall. It also exercises
> the PrintSelf method of a class. This often uncovers uninitialized
> member data.

Yes you are right. It does verify that the filter has progress and
throws an exception if it doesn't. I do wonder the value of just
printing stuff. I mean if it changes, the test will still pass. Do you
even know if your filter was executed?

I just saw a couple of example of tests which just relied on the text
output being verified and do not fail when things start to go work.

> Certainly if we add test helpers, they will need to be backward
> compatible once we release them. For example, Slicer3 uses
> itkTestMain.h. I think other test helpers will be used by other large
> packages that use itk like orfeo.
>
> I may have been premature about moving files. If the UseITK.cmake.in
> is updated to have the new include directories and libraries, then we
> may be OK.

Are these files currently included by UseUTK.cmake?

If they are not, is it still part of the API?

blowekamp at mail.nih.gov