[Insight-developers] Bug with QuadEdgeDecimation

Arnaud Gelas arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 11 10:45:47 EST 2009

Hi guys,

To improve the coverage of the decimation filter, I add a new test on a
tetrahedron mesh. This simple case that was actually never testing
before is failing!
If someone cares about the topology, the output should be the same as
the input, else some edges have to be processed to reached the number of
faces, or points, fixed by the user. Right now, there is an infinite
loop, and nothing really happens...
I reported the bug on Mantis, I will take care of it, in the next couple
of days. I just wanted to explain why there will be a new failing test
on the dashboard for the next couple of days.
(Improving the coverage leads to fix underlying and possibly existing bug!)
Have a nice day,
Arnaud