[Insight-developers] Updating two ITK CTest Scripts: Re: Thousands of warnings on cygwin/mingw builds

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Aug 17 18:08:31 EDT 2009

Dave Partyka wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> After talking with Dave Cole and Bill Hoffman, we believe the problem
> originated from me upgrading cygwin and mingw/msys on that machine to
> the latest version in order to install cmake 2.6.4. So the compile
> warnings aren't due to the new style script but instead newer versions
> of the compilers. The solution is to fix the ITK CMakelist file just as
> Brad did for MinGW. What is needed is additional IF cases for cygwin and
> msys make files. As the "min-gw" build on dash14 uses msys and not
> min-gw directly as you do in the script you sent in your previous email.
> Hopefully all three of these build system use the same flag or similar
> variations to disable the warning.

I just took a bit of a deeper look at this issue...

So, in the dash14 cygwin dashboard MINGW is not set as expected for the
cygwin build.  For the dash14 Mingw build, MINGW is being set in CMake.

However, Brad's change here:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/CMakeLists.txt?root=Insight&r1=1.344&r2=1.345

Does not seem to be working for either the Mingw or the Cygwin build...
   I do not see those flags being used in the makefiles even on the
Mingw build even though MINGW is set.  It might be a cmake 2.6.4 issue.
  Bill what version CMake/gcc/cygwin do you have this running without
warnings?

-Bill