[Insight-developers] Nonportable Code

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Sat Aug 15 08:41:33 EDT 2009

 From vxl_platformtests.cxx:

#ifdef VXL_HAS_TYPE_OF_SIZE
// This is used to check if (1) a type exists, (2) is has the required
// size in bytes, and (3) it is functional. The last requirement is
// driven by MSCV 6 which has __int64, but it is not fully
// functional. (It can't be cast to a double, for example.)

it would appear that there is no portable 64-bit integers with the
compilers we have chosen to support.

Brad