[Insight-developers] gccxml and msvc9

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 7 09:19:06 EDT 2009

2009/8/7 Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>:
> Charl Botha wrote:
>>>>
>>> Actually, I need the output of "gccxml -E" on the exact source
>>> that is failing.  It was "wrap_itkVersor.cxx" in Gaetan's case.
>>> Take whatever invocation of gccxml failed and run the same
>>> command line with -E added so that I can see what it sees.
>>
>> Doh, sorry about that!
>
> Okay, I've already fixed this error in xxresult.  The problem is that
> gccxml is finding xxresult in the VS installation instead of the
> patched copy of it that is supposed to be created by the build
> process or the gccxml_vcconfig tool.
>
> Did you install msvc9 Service Pack 1 since this gccxml was built?

Yes.  I made doubly sure by uninstalling the whole VS 2008 (with the
special MS removal tool), then rebooting, then re-installing the whole
VS 2008 and directly afterwards the SP1 ISO.

After this, I started a completely clean build of ITK, CableSwig
(running gccxml_vcconfig.bat afterwards) and wrapitk with cmake 2.6.4.

I am using the ITK-3-14 checkout of CableSwig.  Did you fix the
problem before or after the ITK-3-14 release?

Thanks again,
Charl