[Insight-developers] Sun-CC changes heads up

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Wed Apr 8 04:17:41 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

That's great!

For the continuous build, one potential option would be to have only a
"partial" continuous build on this machine. What I mean is that it
could only compile but not run the tests in this continuous mode. Also
it doesn't need to start with a clean empty build tree every morning.

Does that seem doable?

Tom

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 22:28, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Bill, Tom,
>

> The "Sun CC compiler + -stlport4 option" Saga seems
> to be finally over.
>

> After retouching several hundreds of files, it seems
> that the build in dashsun1 is green again (as far as
> compilation errors go, note that we still have a bunch
> of warnings to deal with...)
>

> As Bill pointed out the major change is from now on,
> we should use the vcl_ prefix for (almost) all math
> functions (cos, sin, atan, pow, ceil, floor,...).
>

>   Luis
>

> -----------------------
> Bill Lorensen wrote:
>>
>> Consistent use of the vcl functions versus the native functions is
>> probably a good side effect of this process.
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bill,
>>>
>>> You are right, I should be adding the <string.h> header
>>> instead of replacing the existing <string>.
>>>
>>> What started as a quick fix is turning out to be a major
>>> revisiting of all the files with string and math functions.
>>>
>>> I have been replacing:
>>>
>>>  sin, cos, atan, acos, asin, pow, exp, log, sqrt
>>>
>>> with their vcl_ versions: vcl_sin, vcl_cos... etc.
>>>
>>> and adding header for the functions
>>>
>>> atoi
>>> atof
>>> memset