[Insight-developers] Parallel build with wrapping broken ?

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Nov 18 13:00:22 EST 2008

Le 16 nov. 08 à 18:32, Steve M. Robbins a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I previously sent this to the -users list, with no response.
> I can reproduce this every time, so I'm now convinced it
> is a problem.  Has someone already solved this, if only by
> serializing the wrapper generation?
>
> I'm seeing build failures that only seem to appear when building
> in parallel (make -j8) with Tcl wrapping on.  Is it safe to use
> cswig in a parallel build or are there known issues?
>
> For reference, I have been doing a parallel build of ITK nightly (no
> wrapping) for the dashboard for a couple of months.  There hasn't
> been any issues.
>
> But for the Debian builds, I enable cswig-based wrapping into tcl and
> python.  Then I get failures where Tcl wrapper files such as
> Build/Wrapping/CSwig/CommonA/wrap_itkImageToImageFilter_2DTcl.cxx are
> truncated and don't compile.

I already had that problem in the past. I think that's because cmake
generate 2 times wrap_itkImageToImageFilter_2DTcl.cxx at the same time.
simply removing that file and running make again usually fix the issue.

You may want to try WrapITK however, because it provides more feature.
Also I never seen that problem with WrapITK.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann