[Insight-developers] Insight-developers Digest, Vol 55, Issue 6

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Fri Nov 7 04:33:28 EST 2008

Hi David,

My goal wasn't to perform a comparison with other libraries. I just
wanted to make sure that newcomers could benefit from ITK as much as
possible.

I thought that the default mode was debug, but I might be wrong since
I always explicitly mention what kind of build I need... This
discussion actually stems from a feedback I had a few days ago on the
performance of the demons algorithm.
Me : "First of all, you should make sure that you compile ITK and the
diffeomorphic demons in Release mode."
User : "I've recompiled ITK in release mode, and then Demons... Thank
you very much, it now runs +/- 3.14 times faster. It was a very good
advice :-)"

Anyhow, this is the kind of discussion I have also seen several times
on the insight-users mailing list.

Regards,
Tom