[Insight-developers] building cable swig on opensolaris

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Nov 5 03:18:16 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new build, on opensolaris. I've successfully
built ITK, but can't build cable swig. The build stops at this stage:

Linking C executable ../../../bin/gccxml_cc1plus
Undefined                    first referenced
flag_pic                            CMakeFiles/gccxml_cc1plus.dir/__/
__/__/__/GCC/gcc/c-cppbuiltin.o
flag_pie                            /export/home/glehmann/src/
CableSwig/build/GCC/gcc/libbackend.a(options.o)
flag_stack_protect                  CMakeFiles/gccxml_cc1plus.dir/__/
__/__/__/GCC/gcc/c-cppbuiltin.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../../../
bin/gccxml_cc1plus
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [bin/gccxml_cc1plus] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [GCC/gcc/cp/CMakeFiles/gccxml_cc1plus.dir/all] Error 2
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Gaëtan

PS: I had to use the awk in /usr/xpg4/bin, to avoid the syntax error
report by the awk in /usr/bin (the one used by default to build cable
swig). It might be useful to someone else trying to build cable swig
on opensolaris :-)

[glehmann at pixel2 build]$ grep awk CMakeCache.txt
AWK_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/xpg4/bin/awk

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)