[Insight-developers] ICE VS 6.0 : Adding SymmetricSecondRankTensor interactions with Matrix & Transform classes

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Mar 10 09:10:51 EDT 2008

FYI:

At the request of some users working on DTI, we are adding interactions
between the SymmetricSecondRankTensor class and the Matrix and Transform
classes.

The purpose of these methods is to make possible to apply rotations to
symmetric tensors in order to account for changes in coordinate systems.

In this process we added yesterday a method for operator*() between a
Matrix and a SymmetricSecondRankTensor.

It is, unfortunately, producing an internal compiler error (ICE) in
Visual Studio 6.0 [Surprise, surprise...].

We will be tracking/fixing this during the day...