[Insight-developers] Anisotropic level sets tests

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 12:39:51 EST 2008

Dear all,
  today I worked at making all tests work with the new modifications
to level sets for support of anisotropic spacings. It looks like
we're close.
Today 5 tests were failing. Now, after temporarily reintroducing the
fudge factor (and fixing a bug), and in the absence of major
surprises on the dashboard, all tests should pass (except for
itkVectorThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilterTest, which already
has a baseline image for the fudge factor-free level set).
If there aren't objections, tomorrow I'll permanently remove the
fudge factor (Insight/Code/BasicFilters/
itkSparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter.txx:991) and provide new baseline
images for the following tests

CannySegmentationLevelSetImageFilterTest
LaplacianSegmentationLevelSetImageFilterTest
ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetGrayMatterTest
ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetVentricleTest
ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetWhiteMatterTest

Alternatively, we could back up from our decisions and provide a
runtime flag to activate/deactivate the fudge factor. This way we
wouldn't need to provide new baseline images. In my opinion this is a
worse solution, but it's doable.

Any opinion on this?

Luca