[Insight-developers] moving consolidated morphology contribution to itk next week

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Jul 31 08:25:41 EDT 2008

Dear Developers,

I'll have some time next week to move some code from the Insight
Journal to ITK. I'd like to work on the consolidated morphology that
Richard and I contributed for the last Miccai.
However, this contribution replaces some code outside the Review
directory:
* several algorithms are provided in different filters. All of them
have different efficiencies and capabilities. Some meta filters are
provided to replace the current dilation/erosion filters, and select
the right filter to use according to the current kernel provided by
the user.
* two new classes have been introduced to simplify the management of
the filters working on box and arbitrary neighborhood: BoxImageFilter
and KernelImageFilter. Those filters are used as super classes of the
meta erosion/dilation filters, and should be used as super classes of
the other filters working on neighborhood — for example,
MedianImageFilter, etc.

In order to be sure to not break anything, I'd like to put all the
code from the consolidated morphology contribution in the Review
directory, and add an ITK_USE_CONSOLIDATED_MORPHOLOGY option to use
it, like it has been done for the optimized registration.

   Does that seem reasonable?

If so, I'd like to begin to commit changes this weekend or at the
beginning of the next week.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--