[Insight-developers] Gaussian Distribution on DTI

mostafa charmi mostafa.charmi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:12:26 EDT 2008

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your attention. Sorry for reply your email so late.

As you know, tensors in DTI images lie on specific manifold in Riemannian
spaces.
Parametric [1] and nonparametric [2] statistical models were defined for
tensors in Riemannian DT spaces. Lenglet et al.[1] present a Riemannian
distance measure between tensors and model each class by a single Gaussian
in the Riemannian space. it seems itk need to be developed to have such
statistical models.I want to use such Gaussian distribution for my thesis.

I am looking forward to hear you.

Best Wishes,   Mostafa

[1] *DTI segmentation by statistical surface evolution
*Lenglet, C.; Rousson, M.; Deriche, R.
Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 25, Issue 6, June 2006 Page(s): 685 - 700

[2] *A Fuzzy, Nonparametric Segmentation Framework for DTI and MRI Analysis:
With Applications to DTI-Tract Extraction*
Awate, S.P.; Zhang Hui; Gee, J.C.
Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 26, Issue 11, Nov. 2007 Page(s):1525 - 1536

[1]