[Insight-developers] [Insight-users] INSIGHT JOURNAL: managedITK (ITK 3.8 ?) & Release Schedule

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jul 10 10:09:48 EDT 2008

Hi Dan,

Can you describe the process that managedITK uses for wrapping?  I read
the paper, and it talks about the process being semi-automated.  Can you
describe exactly what is automated and what is not automated?

I looked at the code a bit and found each class had a cmake file with
stuff like this:

WRAP_CLASS("itk::ZeroCrossingBasedEdgeDetectionImageFilter")

   WRAP_IMAGE_FILTER_REAL(2 2+)

   BEGIN_MANAGED_PROPERTY("Variance" GETSET)
     SET(MANAGED_PROPERTY_SUMMARY   "Get/set the variance parameter used
by the G
aussian smoothing filter in this algorithm.")
     SET(MANAGED_PROPERTY_TYPE      "array<double>^")
     SET(MANAGED_PROPERTY_GET_BODY  "return
itk::ManagedTypes::ToManagedFixedArra
y<double, NativeType::ImageDimension>( m_PointerToNative->GetVariance() );")
     SET(MANAGED_PROPERTY_SET_BODY  "m_PointerToNative->SetVariance(
itk::Managed
Types::ToNativeFixedArray<double, NativeType::ImageDimension>(value) );")
   END_MANAGED_PROPERTY()

Do you have to have a managed property for each method on the class?
What things have to go in the .cmake file for a class?  What is done by
"it just works"?

Thanks.

-Bill