[Insight-developers] Questions about itkSliceBySliceImageFilter

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Sat Jul 5 09:27:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

Le 5 juil. 08 à 14:56, Bill Lorensen a écrit :

> Luis,
>
> You recently moved Gaetan's IJ submission for slice by slice
> processing into Code/Review.
>
> 1) There is no documentation for the class except a pointer to the
> IJ article.

I can add some documentation in docstring.

> 2) I cannot follow the logic of GenerateData when the input filter and
> output filter are different filters. In fact, it is not clear to me
> why the input and output filters can be different. I notice that the
> GenerateData code in Review is different from the IJ code. In the
> original IJ code, there is just one filter, m_Filter. This makes sense
> to me.

The input and output filters are there to let the filter run a full
pipeline on all the slices of an image, not only a single filter. When
the input and the output filters are the same filter, we are in the
same case than the first version.

> 3) Why the extra template parameters for internal input and output
> image types?

They are there because some filters don't provide the InputImageType
and OutputImageType types. Would you see a better way to get those
types?

> 4) I think the m_InputFilter and m_OutputFilter ivars should be
> private.
>
> Bill

Gaëtan

--