[Insight-developers] Location of CMakeError.log and CMakeOutput.log

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 15:56:31 EST 2008

Folks,
The files CMakeError.log and CMakeOutput.log contain the output of various
CMake tests (e.g. TRY_COMPILE). In itk, these files are stored in two
directories. I would like to have them stored in a single directory.

Sometimes we use: ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR} and other times we use:
${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}${CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY}.

vxl, gdcm and tests in Insight/CMakeFiles.txt use the former while kwsys,
some of itk's macros and the CMake/Modules macros use the latter.

My preference is the cmake ocnvention,
${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}${CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY}. If I change the vxl and gdcm
locations, we'll need to update them when we resync to newer versions.

Comments?

Bill