[Insight-developers] ITK -TCON 2.0 : Second Life : Friday August 22nd : 1pm EST

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Aug 15 11:23:09 EDT 2008

Hi Gaetan,

     You bring up a very important point here.

As a non-native English speaker I fully understand that the
standard of hosting the ITK tcon in English is not fully
welcoming the international diversity of the developers
and users community.

There is no reason why we couldn't alternate the language
of the ITK Tcon 2.0, and for example, every two weeks host
it in French or Spanish.

Alternatively, we could also explore the option of having
volunteers to translate during the tcon, by taking advantage
of the multiple voice channel capabilities of second life.

For example, I'll be happy to volunteer for translating:

       English  --> Spanish
       Spanish  --> English
       French   --> English

I would speculate that we should be able to find volunteers
for translating:

       English --> French
       English --> Dutch

One of the goals of the ITK Tcon 2.0 is to engage a larger
community of users and developers. So we fully agree with
you that we must consider celebrating the linguistic diversity
of the community.

    My 2 Cents

       Luis