[Insight-developers] CGAL install on linux platform

Alexandre GOUAILLARD Alexandre_Gouaillard at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 23 12:52:35 EDT 2008

Arnaud,

I know you installed CGAL on your fedora core machine. Could you please give
us a step-by-step installation guide for others in the ITK community to
follow? Please kindly include the dependent libraries that would be
required. Please only include the base package. The parameterization and
corresponding dependencies can be kept out for the time being.

I expect at least boost, lapack, blas, gmp and mfr to be required. If my
memory serves me well, those should come by default on the machine. It was a
little be more complicated on my Mac.

Do you have any experience on ubuntu?

If you do not have time for that untill this week end, I suggest we meet in
singapore Sunday afternoon and do it together. Mango lassi will be on me.

I would like to archive this for the lab, as I archived the TAUCS
installation and other arbitrary precision lib survey for further work with
luca for example.

We might want to do an informal session about that at the NAMIC project week
in June. I hope andriy would be willing and able to join us in Boston.

Thanks in advance.

Alex.