[Insight-developers] Dashboard Looking Good : Remaining Issues

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 13 13:30:29 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

Here is a summary of the remaining issues in the Dashboard:

1) kraepelin.uiowa

   itkMeshSpatialObjectIOTest1                  Failed
   itkNormalizedCorrelationImageFilterTest      Failed
   itkReadWriteSpatialObjectTest                Failed
   itkReadWriteSpatialObjectTest1               Failed

No obvious reason for the failures. They don't seem to be
seg. faults nor exceptions.

For each one of these tests, kraepelin is the only platform
where they are failing.

2) SINTEF.LabPC.XP

       MultiResImageRegistration2Test2      failing

3) james.iowa

       MultiResImageRegistration2Test       failing
       MultiResImageRegistration2Test2      failing

3) gargon.hooperlab

       BSplineWarping2Test
       ChangeInformationTest1
       DeformableRegistration14Test1
       DeformableRegistration14Test2
       DeformableRegistration14Test3
       DeformableRegistration14Test4
       DeformableRegistration15Test1
       DeformableRegistration8Test1
       DeformableRegistration8Test2
       DeformableRegistration8Test3
       DeformableRegistration8Test4
       ImageRegistration8Test

    It has incorrectly set the path to the BrainWeb images.
    That problem cascades to all the tests failing in this
    machine. Just sent email to Kevin Hobbes who seems to
    be the maintainer of this submission.

4) dash16.kitware

    Has link problems, apparently related to wrapping.
    It looks like a misconfigured gcc 3.3.  I think I have
    seen similar errors in machines that try to run gcc 3.3
    after gcc 4.2 has been installed. It seems to be related
    to the update of binutils... It is hard to tell for sure
    at this point though.

5) chiarugi.iowa, both builds (opt and debug)

      ImageRegistration3Tcl
      ImageRegistration4Tcl
      ImageRegistration5Tcl

    The message is:
      *** Exception executing: Segmentation fault

    There are only six machines running these tests.
    Dash2 and Dash16 did not run the test last night.
    Dash11 and Dash13 ran it successfully.

6) Dashsun1.kitware

       MultiResImageRegistration2Test2      failing

7) virgil    SunOS-g++

    Reports problem building Java wrapping with WrapITK.

    Fails six "JavaSimplePipeline" tests,
    but most likely is running old versions of them,
    given that the build itself is not successful.

8) dash19.kitware  (bcc32)

       MultiResImageRegistration2Test2      failing

9) dash14.kitware (cygwin gcc 3.4)

       itkObjectFactoryTest2   (segfault)

    This is the only machine where this test fails.

10) dash19.kitware     FreeVC++

        itkImageFileWriterTest      failed

     This same test fails in two other machines,
     but for (apparently different reasons on each one).

     Dash11 VS71 : timeout

     RogueResearch5:  Mac 10.5-dbg
         *** Exception executing: Illegal instruction
         and takes 94 seconds to do so, which is a long
         time for this test. It takes a fraction of a
         second to run the test on most machines.

11) dash13.kitware

       MultiResImageRegistration2Test       failing
       MultiResImageRegistration2Test2      failing

12) dash11.kitware

       itkFileWriterTest

     (already listed in numeral (10) above.

------------

    The biggest offenders seem to be the
    MultiResImageRegistration2 test, and those should be
    addressed with the recent commits of the additional
    baseline image and the relaxation of the number of
    pixels tolerance.

    From the remaining tests, the itkImageFileWriter is
    probably the one that could bring some concern, but
    given that the writer is exercised in the large majority
    of tests, it is unlikely that this failing test is
    indicating a fundamental problem in the writer.

    I would be tempted to tag the repository this afternoon.

    We could also wait until tomorrow morning to have an
    extra day of safety.

    What do you think ?

       Thanks

          Luis