[Insight-developers] suggestion: use environment variable to limit number of parallel threads

Torsten Rohlfing torsten at synapse.sri.com
Thu Sep 20 12:31:09 EDT 2007

Sean:

Two problems with your suggestion:

a) I have to put a command line switch etc. into EVERY application I
build based on ITK to replicate this functionality. That includes all
applications made by other people, so I have to potentially keep
patching other people's code.

b) if I don't have the source code of the application (possible
according to ITK licensing), then I'm screwed.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers!
  TR

--
Torsten Rohlfing, PhD          SRI International, Neuroscience Program
 Research Scientist             333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     "Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't"