[Insight-developers] Re: [Insight-users] Fixing bugs for ITK with MinGW

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 09:06:31 EDT 2007

> Well,
>
> It turns out that the symbol template class
>
>       itk::SmartPointerForwardReference<>
>
> is actually already defined and exported in the file
>
>     itkSmartPointerForwardReferenceProcessObject.cxx
>

> but the CMakeLists.txt file only adds it to the list of
> source files if "WIN32" is defined.
>
> Yesterday, I tried modifying the CMake logic to include
> itkSmartPointerForwardReferenceProcessObject.cxx in the
> ITKCommon library when we build on MinGW:
>
> http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/CMakeLists.txt.diff?cvsroot=Insight&r1=1.123&r2=1.124
>

> Lines 90-94:
>

>     ELSE (WIN32)
>       IF(MINGW)
>         SET(ITKCommon_SRCS ${ITKCommon_SRCS}
>            itkSmartPointerForwardReferenceProcessObject.cxx)
>       ENDIF(MINGW)
>     ENDIF (WIN32)

Cmake never goes to

ELSE (WIN32)
ENDIF (WIN32)

it only goes to

IF (WIN32)

ENDIF (WIN32)

as I checked it by MESSAGE(), and on my XP+MINGW+MSYS system.

Since the target itkSmartPointerForwardReferenceProcessObject.cxx is already included in the WIN32 condition, this does not make any changes to the errors.

> However I'm not sure if this is the appropriate logic...
>

> Ali:   Could you please update your CVS checkout of ITK
>         and give it a try ?

I gave it a try, the same errors again.