Re: [Insight-developers] Re: [Insight-users] Fixing bugs for ITK with MinGW

Tomáš Kazmar Tomash.Kazmar at seznam.cz
Mon Sep 3 15:23:10 EDT 2007

# The dash14 MinGW dashboard is actually built with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS set to
# OFF. (that is, static libraries are built on that dashboard)
#
# So any bugs related to shared libs should be irrelevant for this dashboard.
#
# If I can find some time this week, I will try to set up an identical
# dashboard on dash14 that does use BUILD_SHARED_LIBS.
#

You are completely right, it is connected to BUILD_SHARED_LIBS. Without it
ITK compiles fine, however with it, it does not.

I submitted a bug to mantis: http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=5647 (It contains
some references to mailing list where the issue is discussed.)

Ali: there is a known workaround:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2007-June/022503.html

Regards,

Tomash