[Insight-developers] BUG: GDCMImageIO should respect the rescale intersept/slope when writing data

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:21:26 EST 2007

Hi,

  Just FYI after discussing with Matthias, my previous fix in ITK for
the rescale intersept/slope was clearly a hack and should be removed
ASAP. The correct patch should be that ITK is consistant at write
time, and respect the slope/intersept value as found in the metadata
header.
  What this means is, we will continue to not support floating point
Image, but allow user to apply a shift/scale by hand to have total
control over the data loss and then store the data as DICOM.
  I should find some time in the next days to implement the correct patch.

thanks,
--
Mathieu