[Insight-developers] running a valgrind analysis

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Nov 19 11:40:27 EST 2007

On 11/19/07, Steve M. Robbins <steve at sumost.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For a few weeks, I've been runing "make Nightly" on my machine,
> submitting an entry to the dashboard.  This works fine.
>
> I was under the impression that it is equivalent to:
>
>   make NightlyStart NightlyUpdate NightlyConfigure NightlyBuild
> NightlyTest NightlySubmit

It is.

Did you try
    make NightlyStart NightlyUpdate NightlyConfigure NightlyBuild
NightlyTest NightlySubmit VERBOSE=1
and see if you guage which cmake command its failing in.

The advantage of running it through a ctest script as Bill pointed out is
that you can specify cache variables to initialize your build. Additionally,
you can help diagnose by running ctest in debug mode as "ctest
--extra-verbose ...".

However if you do wish to run as unix makecommands, the following should be
equivalent to a valgrind dashboard.
    make NightlyStart NightlyUpdate NightlyConfigure NightlyBuild
NightlyTest NightlySubmit NightlyMemCheck NIghtlySubmit VERBOSE=1

HTH
--
Karthik Krishnan
R&D Engineer,

However, that fails at the NightlyConfigure stage without any helpful