[Insight-developers] ImageIO Streaming

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 2 16:34:29 EDT 2007

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I'll proceed to remove the CanStreamRead() method from the API.

On a second note, I would imagine that for writing we need a twin
method of the DetermingStreamableRegionFromRequestedRegion().

That means that we probably should rename this method as:

   DetermingStreamableReadRegionFromRequestedRegion()
                      ^^^^

or something along those lines.

The twin method:

   DetermingStreamableWriteRegionFromRequestedRegion()
                      ^^^^^

Will define the smallest image region that the ImageIO object
can write when requested to write a "RequestedRegion".  E.g.
it will enlarge the output region to the quantum units of the
fileformat.

  Will this apply to "Nifi"  ?

   Thanks

     Luis