[Insight-developers] ImageIO Streaming

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 2 10:26:14 EDT 2007

Hi Hans, Doug,

After looking closely at the API required for Streaming the
readers, it seems redundant to have the CanStreamRead() method
along with the DetermingStreamableRegionFromRequestedRegion()
method.

I suggest we get rid of the first one, and simply call the
second one.  When a reader cannot stream, it will simply return
the LargestPossibleRegion as the Streamable region.

This is an unused API, so we shouldn't have any backward
compatibility issues by removing the unused method.

Please let me know if you see any reason for keeping the
CanStreamRead() method.

   Thanks