[Insight-developers] dashboard entry name too long for Dart1

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Sep 29 16:18:26 EDT 2006

At 04:00 PM 9/29/2006, Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
>Le Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:36:31 +0200, Bill Hoffman
><bill.hoffman at kitware.com> a écrit:
>
>>Does anyone know who's dashboard this is:
>>

>>marvin.jouy.inra.fr
>>        Mandriva2006.0-i586-gcc4.0.1-ExplicitInstantiation-Release
>
>It's mine
>

>>The name is too long and it is messing up the formatting for Dart1 on
>>ITK.
>
>And there is one even longer:
>Mandriva2006.0-i586-gcc4.0.1-ExplicitInstantiation-WrapITK-Debug
>
>There is no problem with my browser - it just break the name on several
>lines, as for several other names in the dashboard.
>The name is voluntarily highly descriptive. Lots of build name are poorly
>informative, and its quite difficult to find a build with such or such
>option. Perhaps that not the right place to describe a build, but
>currently, I can't find something else :-)

You can use the Notes to describe the build better.  Can you shorten it?
The build names are short for this very reason.   The Build name in Dart1
is no using up more than half of the space on the line for me, and this
is with firefox 1.5.0.7.  IE does not seem to have the problem.  Firefox
did just update itself recently....

-Bill