[Insight-developers] Dynamic loaders and 2 separate versions

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu Sep 28 10:25:55 EDT 2006

Hello All,
There are two files that deal with Dynamic loading of libraries that seem to
be derived from the same basic premise:

Utilities/kwsys/DynamicLoader.cxx Code/Common/itkDynamicLoader.cxx

It seems that the kwsys version is more up-to date, and deals with some
changes to the recent MacOSX OS that make it more unix compliant.

I would recommend that the itkDynamicLoader.cxx file be reviewed, and
removed if possible.  If there are really itk needed specializaations, then
I would propose that the recent changes to the kwsys version be merged into
the itkDynamicLoader.cxx version.

I am willing to attempt this, but the world of shared library dynamic
people on the ITK team to magically take care of this for me!).

Please let me know if I can help, and what precautions should be taken in
merging these two files.

Thanks,
Hans